Thursday, June 3, 2010

National Tour Heading to the NT and Album Release News.

Hey everyone!

The second month of the tour has been amazing with some fabulous shows up the Queensland coast. My favorite show on the tour so far was the amazing Peregian Originals on the Sunshine Coast. This great event runs every two weeks. SO MANY PEOPLE were there hanging out on the grass by the beach and enjoying an amazing afternoon of music! I was blown away by it!

I have come to realise more deeply on this tour that we are truely BLESSED to live in this beautiful country. In two weeks I will be hitting the hwy between Townsville and Darwin after 6 more shows in Nth Qld. I am looking forward to being back out in the Desert again.

I was at a gig the other night telling the punters about my adventures exploring the sandflats of Nth QLD 1 km from the shore by moonlight at midnight, when I was informed that SALT WATER CROCODILES infest the waters of Nth QLD and that I was lucky to come back from my moonlit midnight sandflat adventures ALIVE!!!! Yes apparently it is true! Needless to say I wont be chasing the tide and heading THAT FAR from the beach in the middle of the night ANYMORE!

The music for the new CD is complete the will be ready for release by the end of this month! Pre-orders for the album can be made at inkyjuice@yahoo.com

Other tour news...

Two great human beings have been incredibly generous and lent me their Mandolins, for the next phase of my trip, so have been writing some celtic folk rock tunes recently! Now I am in Mandolin Heaven. There is something very awesome about the tone of the Mandolin! It is very Uplifting!!!!! Cant wait to get a full band behind the new songs!

Thanks to all those who have donated to the Orphans recently. We have raised $4000 since March this year! Way to go folks!!! Go to www.rebeccamooremusic.com/burma-cyclone-orphans for more info.

We will be putting on a Burmese Orphans Fundraiser in Darwin on the 31st July 2010 at The Happy Yess. If you know anyone in Darwin or if you can do any kind of advertising for us ie facebook, email lists, anything at all to help promote the Darwin Orphans show I would be totally grateful!

I look forward to hearing from you soon.
xo Rebecca

www.rebeccamooremusic.com
www.myspace.com/rebeccamoore.music

PS I had a big sign made up for the side of the caravan advertising the Orphans fundraising. I will send photos soon!!

VT4DHS4YU4YY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home