Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Update on my situation...

I wanted to share an update on my current situation...The diagnosis is Median Arcuate Ligament Syndrome. Otherwise known as MALS or Celiac Artery Compression Syndrome. This is where the blood supply to the digestive system is cut off by the ligament of the diaphragm. (Worse when breathing in and singing!) The surgery I had released the artery and allowed the blood to flow again. I got a bit better for a month or so, but then relapsed in January and have not been well since then. MALS means it's hard to eat without feeling sick. I mostly eat very small meals of specific foods and smoothies. I wanted to share what's been going on as it's isolating being so unwell and I need some moral support! Another symptom besides not being able to eat properly is "exercise intolerance" which means I get a lot of pain if I move around too much. One of the most challenging things is it's been a year since I gigged properly. This is the longest stretch of no gigs since I started working as a musician and I used to get the blues after two weeks of no shows!! On the bright side I have been doing a lot of songwriting. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am putting a lot of creative energy into my music page. It’s a way for me to stay connected and share my inspirations and love of the creative source that is the heart of my songwriting and music. Love to all challenged by life’s twists and turns from the beautiful, rainy South Coast. x https://www.facebook.com/RebeccaMooreMusic/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home